Join this interactive Zoom call to hear about food and beverage (F&B) sector-based initiatives.
EPA Region 4 and the National Pollution Prevention Roundtable (NPPR) will host the October session of the P2U (Pollution Prevention University) Training Series. This virtual training session will feature three projects that focus on the P2 program’s National Emphasis Area (NEA) #1: Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Processing. After the project highlights, the event will host breakout sessions to allow for smaller group discussion and networking.
NPPR’s F&B workgroup focuses on P2 solutions for NAICS codes 311 and 3121 with a focus on reducing air emissions, waste generation, chemical use, energy usage and business costs.
- Overview of 3 projects in the food and beverage industry (15 min)
- Launching: Reducing the Impacts of Unseen Food Waste
- Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Center (PPRC)
- Online training sessions are helping to promote the National Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Abatement Project, which is helping cities, small rural areas and utilities develop, enhance and implement their own FOG programs to reduce the impacts to their sanitary sewer and wastewater treatment systems and even local streams and rivers.
- In-Progress: Assessment of Food Manufacturer (NAICS 31199)
- Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (GMEP)
- Findings of a recently completed on-site assessment of a Food manufacturer will be shared along with challenges encountered.
- Completed: Brewery Alternatives Assessment
- Toxics Use Reduction Institute (TURI)
- An overview of the process of development and the results of a recently completed Alternatives Assessment for cleaning and sanitizing alternatives for the brewery industry.
- Breakout session for each project (20 min)
- Report-out from each breakout session (10 min)
Provide technical assistance and share best practices for integrating P2 and sustainability in day to day operations that could reduce costs and resources use and employ effective strategies for sustainable manufacturing and business practices.
P2U is an ongoing series of monthly P2 webinars brought to you by NPPR and EPA Region 4 at no cost. Learn more about how this training series supports networking and professional development for P2 practitioners.